Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Strawberry Short Cake

On Saturday I made pound cake so our family and friends could have some strawberry short cake for dessert. I used a recipe i found online from scratch, at http://www.cooks.com/.
4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon mace (optional)
1 lb. butter
3 cups sugar
8 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons rum or amaretto (optional)
This recipe made a huge cake which was good since it was for two families.  It was so thick and packed together, like pound cake should be, yet it was moist and delicious.  To top it off with the fresh strawberrys and whipped cream completed it.
During this proccess I had to look a few things up.  When looking at the ingredients I saw "mace", now i have no clue what that is, so I googled it.  I found out that ground cloves are the base of it, so essentially it just an additional spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment