Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kaylee's 18th birthday

My best friends birthday is May 8th and she is turning 18.  Of course I want to do something uber special but what would be so amazing it would blow her out of her cowgirl boots??  And finally it hit me.  Instead of cupcakes I want to get big so I'm going to do a cake, that I will cut into a 1 and an 8.  I will then cover it in fondant, but how could I make this any more special? I'm going to make the fondant look like camo, YES camo, her most favorite thing in the work.  Not only is her husband a marine but she will be going into the navy next year.  But I don't want it to look like a boy camo cake so what makes it girly? SPARKLES.  I will be adding sparkles and many other little girly marks. Now that I think about it, maybe I will make it into pink camo.
Here is what the structure will look like:

1 comment: